Rats are very active during night time and live very close to humans, mainly if there is water and food. At the present, most of the people have started ringing their phones to the pest control exterminators in order to make their rat infestations vanish. People may not really get affected by rats until they start raiding our home!
Burrows are the place where rats usually put up to three meters deep. When they strive for food they are forced to leave their burrows and look for an alternative nesting place. There is an actual danger from a rodent attack if you have rats nearby to your home.
Some Unknown Facts about Rats
- Rats consume up to 10% of their body mass per day and cannot be alive without access to water.
- If a rat is released it travel up to four miles from the starting point.
- Brown rats have characteristics of negative geotaxis – it has affinity to move downwards. These rats can jump vertically more than 77cm and 120 cm horizontally.
- Black rats are said to be finer climbers. It can climb any slightly roughed surface up or down.
- Nearly 11-31% of all female rats are pregnant at one time.
- The female rats are able to differentiate their offspring sex by the smell.
- Have a keen attention on rats when they get used to move around an obstacle. Even if the barrier is removed they will carry on moving around it.
- Rodents know how to survive and breed in freezing provisions and have been known to stay in the fat layer of remains.
- Burrows of rat are usually put up three meters deep but it is rarely more than 0.5 meters deep.