Most of us will open the doors and windows to enjoy the feel of fresh air, but we may not aware of welcoming the commonly known pest called the house fly along with that pure air. House flies are considered to be the major carrier of infectious diseases. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) advices that every homeowners should take precautions in order to prevent these tiny pest before they create health burdens.
Facts About House Flies by the vice president of NPMA
Missy Henriksen the vice president of public affairs for the NPMA has said that the House flies do not bite off, but they are able to transfer more than 100 pathogens, including malaria, salmonella and tuberculosis. She also added that they not only carry diseases but also contaminate food and surfaces by spreading disease organisms which is carried on the silla of their bodies as well as through their saliva. The saliva is used to break down foods. House flies will frequently defecate the food when there is no enough saliva to break down their foods.
Places where you can find House Flies
House flies are found wide spread in large countries is because of their quick breed and they are well known to move nearly twenty miles from the place of hatching. Naturally they used to used to stay a mile from their birth place. House flies are commonly found in manure and other organic matter. They can also be found in areas like garbage and sewage.
Tips given by The National Pest Management Association to prevent house flies in your homes:
- Try to keep the surfaces and vessels as clean as possible.
- Ensure that you have kept the kitchen trash in a sealed container.
- Keep the waste things away from your home and try to dispose it regularly.
- Try to keep the doors, windows and vents closed whenever it is possible for you.
- Make sure that the windows are properly screen and try to repair the tears if any in the screen. Also try to seal the possible entryways for house flies.
- Keep your yard and surrounding areas clean by removing the feces of your pets regularly.
- Search for a potential licensed and certified professional pest control company in case you are unable to control house fly population.