How Do I Get Rid of Wasps?
Are you trying to figure out how to be free of annoying wasps in Vancouver area? Wasps are very common all throughout North America and throughout the world and eliminating them yourself is not all that difficult. Many people are scared of these stinging insects simply because they can sting you, but most people don’t have anything to worry about. However, people that have an allergic reaction to stinging insects should be most worried about wasps, bees, and hornets. You can get eliminate wasps with the right materials and right knowledge, but make sure that you are prepared ahead of time!
Some wasps are helpful to the public. They are a part of the complex food chain that exists in nature. They eat a lot of the pests that can spoil crops and other plants, so there are times when you do not want to mess with a nest. If you see a nest in the middle of a forest or the woods, then it is almost certainly best to leave the nest there. They will not agitate you if you do not disturb them.
There are some steps you need to take when you are learning how to do wasp removal or extermination.
- You first require locating the nest. Locating the shell may be easier said than done. Most of the time, it is not that complicated to locate a nest, but there are certainly times when you may not be able to locate the nest anywhere. In older homes, they may build a nest in the attic. If an older home has a few openings where wasps or hornets can fly into the attic, they could build a vast nest in the attic.
The type of nest that you are looking for depends on the type of wasps you are working with. Some of the most general wasps are paper wasps. Their wasps are also known as umbrella nests because of the unique way in which they construct their nests. They could be under decks or on the surface of buildings. They could be found in attics and papers wasps are very defensive, so they won’t be happy if you disturb their nest!
- If you want to know how to get rid of wasps, the next step is to buy the equipment you will need to exterminate them. Some of the products that many professional exterminators use include Cyonara Insecticide and stipulate CS. Other companies may also use Bifen I/T and Wasp Freeze vaporizer. Wasp Freeze is a very safe and valuable product for wasp treatment because of its fast knockdown and can be applied up to 20 feet away. Buy a broom with a lengthy handle to reach the wasp nest. If the nest is lynching in a tree, you may want to consider cutting the branch off the tree to take the nest down.
When you remove the wasp nest, make sure to do the work at night or very early in the morning before it gets warm. The wasps are not as active at night, and you can catch them when they are not as quick to sting you.
- If you find a nest in a tight loft space, you may need to get a Metro Vancouver pest control company involved if you aren’t comfortable with navigating the attic or handling the insecticides or equipment.
These tips will help learn how to get free of wasps. For more info, see our Wasp FAQ. When they build their nests near or inside of a structure, it is a good idea to get rid of the nest before it gets any bigger!
Call Avon Pest Control for wasp control at 604-805-0278 if you need any of the following:
- Wasp Nest Removal in Vancouver, New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, etc.
- Wasp Extermination or Control in Metro Vancouver
Call 604-239-1615 for wasp control in Surrey BC, Delta, Cloverdale, or Langley.